It’s summer, and that means it’s time to hide in a machine shop and fabricate stuff. This project is for a friend of a former employer’s shop. they wanted a way to store the tooling for a large lathe in a way that would be accessible, but take up less bench space. We settled on a kind of lazy-suzan design, using a cheap trailer axle as a pivot (Take note, that particular feature works surprisingly well for what it cost!)
As usual, I got about 80% of the way through a proper CAD model, before giving up and just building it by eye:
The rest of this post is just a dump of photos I took during the build process. Perhaps they’ll be interesting to someone.
Thanks for looking.